COVID RESPONSE: 2020-21 Arrow Christian Academy
Arrow Christian Academy’s schedule for 2020-21 will follow our facility’s restrictions and guidelines. Below you will find our procedures for several different scenarios that we may have to consider for this upcoming academic year. Arrow Christian Academy has extended the payment deadlines to allow your family more time to prayerfully consider your commitment to Arrow considering the COVID pandemic.
NEW PAYMENT DEADLINES
- If you are enrolled for the annual pay option, you have until July 1st to make your FULL payment.
- If you are enrolled for the monthly pay, the next payment is due July 1, 2020 and monthly payments end on March 1, 2021.
NEW WITHDRAWAL DATES AND DROP FEES
- The last date to withdrawal from any class with NO penalty is July 1, 2020.
- If classes are dropped between July 2, 2020 and July 15, 2020, the withdrawal fee is 10% of the tuition cost.
- Any classes dropped after July 15, 2020 be billed in full, with FULL payment expected at the time of the drop.
- Application fees are non-refundable per Financial Agreement signed at Registration.
- Drop/Change fee of $20 will be waived for COVID changes.
All classes are labeled as either ON CAMPUS (only) or HYBRID
- ON CAMPUS classes are those that meet ONLY if we can meet in-person and on campus.
- FRIDAY ON CAMPUS CLASSES: Robotics, Kids on Mission, Poetry, Early Literature, Intro to Literature, Bowmen Sports E., Study Hall, The Act Theater, Nature Study, Math Mania & Little Arrows.
- WEDNESDAY ON CAMPUS ONLY CLASSES: Voice Ensemble, Robotics & Study Hall.
- If COVID restrictions DO NOT allow us to meet ON CAMPUS, as outlined below in Plans B through D, Arrow will prorate the canceled ON CAMPUS classes for the remaining weeks of the year and issue a tuition refund less 10%. Refunds will be processed at the end of the semester.
- HYBRID classes are those that will move to online instruction IF we enact Plans B through D as outlined below. We will provide the HYBRID class schedule by June 21, 2020. These classes would meet virtually on either Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Friday.
- HYBRID classes will continue virtually with no refunds issued.
- Friday HYBRID classes: Spanish, History, Science, Latin, Art, IEW, Teaching the Classics, Boot Camp Fitness, Guitar
NEW FALL SCHEDULE AND PLAN
PLAN A NO Restrictions: Lord willing, there will be no restrictions for us to meet in-person beginning in August.
Currently, Arrow is planning & hopeful for in-person attendance on campus. Classes are expected to begin on August 19th for Wednesday classes and August 21st for Friday classes. **In consideration that a resurgence of COVID may occur in November, we have adjusted the Fall FRIDAY schedule to assure that all 13 weeks are completed by Thanksgiving. Classes will meet on August 21, 28; September 4, 11, 18, 25; October 2, 16, 23, 30; November 6, 13, 20. Fall Break: October 7/9. Calendar is updated on the website.
CONTINGENCY PLANS IN RESPONSE TO RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID
PLAN B Partial Restrictions: Classes begin in-person on campus, but later are POSTPONED or CANCELED by COVID restrictions. ON CAMPUS classes will be postponed until further directives are given. On Campus classes will be prorated for the weeks we cannot meet in the classroom. HYBRID classes continue with virtual learning until we can resume classes on campus.
PLAN C Partial Restrictions: COVID policies prohibit in-person classes in August but are later lifted & we begin in-person classes once the restrictions are released. ON CAMPUS classes will be postponed until further directives are given. On Campus classes will be prorated for the weeks we cannot meet in the classroom. HYBRID classes continue with virtual learning until we can resume classes on campus.
PLAN D Partial Restrictions: COVID restrictions prohibit us from in-person classes for the ENTIRE academic year beginning in August. ON CAMPUS classes will be canceled for the year and refunded according to the policy listed above. HYBRID classes meet with virtual learning. No refunds will be given for HYBRID learning classes that are not dropped by July 15, 2020.