History of Art & Music – 6th Period Friday
$290.00 – $340.00
Come enjoy a feast of the senses as we delve into the art of LISTENING and LOOKING at music and art throughout Western Civilization. We are created in the image of the CREATOR GOD and thus naturally wired to create. We will learn about many trends in music and art throughout the centuries as we learn about popular composers and artists through fun games and projects!
– Learn how to listen to music
– listen for story, emotion, etc…
– Learn how to observe art
– paying attention to symbolism, color, emotion, technique.
– Correlate famous works of art & musical compositions with the correct artist and genre
Homework Expectation: 30 minutes/week
• The Gift of Music: Great Composers and Their Influence, Jane Stuart Smith & Betty Carlson (third edition)
• An Intro to the Classics: Story of ____ Composers.
• Digital File of prints and artist bio’s for optional home display. https://cultivatedlearning.org/arrow/ < for links for the audio stories and Gift of Music book
Grade Levels: 3rd-5th