Beginner Spanish – 1st Period Friday
$285.00 – $335.00
Course Description: This course serves as an introductory Spanish course for new learners and does not require prior Spanish courses or learning. In this course, students learn key language components such as vocabulary and expressions useful in everyday life, various grammar concepts, syntax, pronunciation, and verb conjugation. Students learn how to put components together creatively to build sentences, ask and answer questions, and truly communicate in Spanish! The classes are designed to:
- Develop ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish
- Interact with other students in Spanish
- Listen to audio files, play games and complete worksheets all in Spanish
Teacher: Katia Luterek
Course Expectations: The curriculum is specially designed to allow for new students to begin learning at their grade level along with students who have had some previous experience.
Homework: Students will receive 4 days of homework each week consisting of 10 – 20 minutes each day. This homework will involve using a book, an audio download, worksheets and occasionally some assigned activities.
Curriculum: Spanish for You! themed home use package ($39.95 less 15% group discount) which includes”
- Soft-cover textbook mailed to you
- Weekly Lesson Guide (PDF download)
- Worksheets (PDF download)
- Audio Files of the entire textbook (MP3 download)
- Access to Curriculum Activities for You! Page with free extras
Printing: Weekly printing consists of up to 6 pages of Lesson Guides and worksheets and several pages of flashcard/activity pictures for making vocabulary flashcards. If you do not have access to a printer you may purchase a PDF package for $19.95.
Additional Required Materials: Pocket folder and spiral notebook